Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Orange crush

I have come to a rather abstruse, and yet strangely startling, discovery: I cannot find an orange food that I don't really, really like. I love sweet potatoes and pumpkins, persimmons and papaya, squash, all the citruses (tangerines, tangelos, mandarins, clementines, valencia and navel oranges) and their juices, cheese and cheetos and cheez-its and cheddar goldfish, carrots and cantaloupe, orange peppers (bell or spicy) and orange tomatoes (cherry or otherwise (what all kind of crazy orange tomatoes are there anyway besides those cute little pear-shaped ones?)), marmalades and mangoes, lentils and loquats, apricots, Fanta, and Easy Mac. So in the spirit of science, I have my new theory of orange. If it's orange and edible, I like it. And all you critics out there are welcome to try to prove my theory wrong, and I will credit the improbable individual who is able to debunk this conjecture. OK it's true that orange fruit loops and orange marshmallows exist, but this is unnatural. By unnatural, I mean that they are merely dyed, and still taste of nothing but gross and sugar. It is furthermore unnatural that anyone should like marshmallows or fruit loops, because they really are nothing but gross and sugar. And though tigers are orange, their edible bits are not. Also, I'm sure if science tried hard enough they could make eggplant orange, and then my orange crush rule (or as I like to call it, my OC rule) wouldn't apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment