Thursday, June 15, 2006

2 Proverbs (can be read as "two proverbs" or "Second Proverbs")

Two very random observations, just to get things going:

The word dizzyingly should be used to describe its own pronunciation.

Statistics are as useful and as dangerous as religion.

OK, one more, just becuase it just came to me, and it sounds almost good enough to be true. (It's amazing how carefully worded rubbish can be so convincing.)

The difference between simple and complex is quite often familiarity.

I'll have to think about that statement for a while before I can tell you if I agree with it or not. It's basically an adaptation from one of the things my trumpet teacher would tell me when I'd comment how it was harder to play passages in C.. than in F.

I just finished For Whom the Bell Tolls. It reminded me why I like Hemingway so very much. This is probably my favorite book of his that I've read, with A Farewell to Arms being a close second. Still, I haven't read The Old Man and the Sea. I need to. But I'm promised to another Dostoevsky first. Too bad I'm out of Salinger. I love books. I think I've said that once already today. I should make a list of all the things I love so I remember to love them every day. I wonder which would be a better use of my time. Remembering to love books or reading them. I wonder if it's the same with people.

Also, I'm trying to put together a summer reading list. Suggestions would be nice. Or else just tell me what you're planning on reading, or what you wish you could read if you have the time. I probably won't have the time, but that's not really the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment