Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Vietnam tour was a lie, both by me and the government

No that's not true. But here's the real story. I left home, spent a day in Bangkok so I could get a Vietnamese visa, and then I was off to Hanoi.

For a whole 2 days. No wait. Not even two days. About 42 hours. And a few of those were spent in the airport.

Then I was back to Bangkok to take a train (yay trains!) to Chiang Mai, Thailand for ADRA leadership meetings. APLI to be specific, and that stands for ADRA Professional Leadership Instruction, or Institution, or Inoculation or Inundation.

The meetings are OK. I sometimes wish I had a book. Or a make-out buddy. But mostly a book. It'd be a bit awkward to do anything with a makeout buddy during Adventist meetings, except maybe read a book with her. I thought about sneaking out of the meetings, all stealth, and then sneaking back in to get all the bored people out too. It would be very underground railroad Harriet Tubman-like.

I've been waking up early, around 4 or 5, so I can get online and work on medical school applications. Yup, that's all I do.

I've been getting lots of sweet secondary application love from medical schools. There's also some hatin' involved, as Yale has decided to give me less than a week to fill out their secondary application. At least my letter of recommendation people have been exceptionally cooperative. I hope that also means that they're writing me delcious letters that will get me interview love.

I finished Cien AƱos de Soledad and Franny and Zooey. Both rocked. And now I've given them both away. I love to give books I like away. It's like I'm proselytising. Hooray for my religion. Hooray for me.

One day I'll learn to post up pictures. That way I can show you how ridiculous I look as a white guy on the back of a motorcycle with a girl driving instead of just having to tell you that it was pretty much the most embarassed I've been in a long except for about an hour ago. But that hour ago story isn't one I'm ready to tell yet, or ever, so just forget about it.

And forgetting about it is something I'm good at. Just look at how often I update this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment