Thursday, November 09, 2006

Of unknown veracity, but sounds good so it's probably right

I'm often inclined to believe most sayings that are short and sweet. For example, the classic "When two are in agreement it must be true," statement has very little grounding in reality, but that doesn't mean I don't both use and accept it.

Sometimes I just come up with little rhyming things that aren't really true, but I still might believe them because they're just so concise and poignant. (In other words, yes, I should write slogans for brand name products. So move over Mr. "From Nabisco, Ding!" man.)

In any event (barring, of course, a call from a company that is willing to pay me inordinately large sums of money for devising kitschy catchy lines), here's a little quip from today.

"A shorn mane doesn't mean the lion's been tamed."

Again, this may or may not be true. I only thought it because I cut my hair and it feels like people are treating me different, though it's probably my imagination.

Speaking of which, did the White Witch and her demons they shave Alsan in Narnia book 1? I remember Mr. Beaver or Mr. Tumnus or someone making a point of how Aslan wasn't tame, or safe, or something to that effect.

And now, if I were completely egotistical, I'd try to solidify this whole John=lion=Aslan=Jesus thing in your malleable minds. But I'm lazy. I also like to think I'm not completely full of myself, but I'm more sure of the lazy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment