Tuesday, July 03, 2007

English translation

Long ago there shone everywhere the eternity you dreamed of.
Is your sky still deep and blue?
Sometimes I want to deny the histories I saw or caused.
Who decides what is forgotten?

I made promises far too often back then.
Did you hope I would keep them?
A girl I used to know was married last weekend.
Where do you find happiness?

And when stars twinkle or the wind makes you laugh, is it still me you think of?
Or do you search your heart for me at dusk on a rainy day?
When your mind wanders does it go to our meeting place?
Do you reach for my hand when the beauty of the world catches you and fills you with gladness?

In discreet moments I find myself wondering.

Do you know what you want yet?
I'm still waiting, maybe for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment