Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I swear I used to be good at this

So, it's after 11, and I should be asleep, because my nights have been inexplicably restless, but instead I'm starting a movie while I wait for Erik to arrive, an event that was supposed to happen over an hour ago.

But it's a movie I've already seen, so maybe I'll ramble here for a bit. Wait, no, I don't want to ramble any more. Everyone talks about rambling. And while rambling may in fact be correct terminology to describe the future of this work, I resist its application. Not too much. I have little desire to be noncompliant for the sake of noncompliance. Well, maybe sometimes. But it's very situational.

Where the hell is Erik?

Oh, this is bad. This is turning into one of those rambling (oh dammit) type blogs where the blogger has no regard for the audience and just writes because (s)he finds it ...... something. Cathartic? I think that's a word that's typically used. Though I wonder if the whole outpouring of emotions (which I think I've lost, incidentally. As in I consciously realize things are supposed to be happy or sad or awkward and then have to act as though I'm feeling like that. Well, no, I still get annoyed. Maybe that's somehow different.) actually makes people feel better or if they just think that they're supposed to feel better and so they do. Like what if blogging is kinda like a placebo? Placeboes don't have to be little white pills, right? I mean, the point of it is that your mind convinces you something or other and yeah.

I am going to be embarrassed to publish this. And I have no real excuse. I wish I was under some great mental strain to justify all this. (Oh, but Erik did show up and it was nice. We laughed at the Star Wars kid.) But no, all I have is no homework for medical school, which has been going for a week and a half but we still haven't had real classes yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment