Saturday, August 28, 2010

Foreshadowing (+/- foreshortening)

My friend Dustin rather recently published the highlights of his philosophical journey, and I thought I might try something similar. It will not be a comprehensive understanding, but I hope to make some of my thoughts (which ultimately aren't really mine, but a mash-up of many others) better understood.

I will say up front that I don't see any reason for anyone else to believe as I do. If part of it resonates with you, fantastic. If not, then enjoy the glimpse under the hood(ie). This here is not a road map to happiness, or salvation, or success. It will not help you get through school, meet (or enable you to so much as talk to) the boy/girl of your dreams, or find a job; if anything, I'd predict the opposite. It will be an attempted summary. Mein Kampf, if you will. I feel no need to apologize, because this is likely to be intensely personal, and subject to all sorts of revisionist memory. I will be as honest as I can, though not at the expense of others. Furthermore, this journey is by no means complete. At least, I hope. You never know. Each new day is so wonderfully unpredictable.

It sounds a little bleak, I know, but trust me, I've tried to consider my options very carefully. Here's the short of it: it allows me not to want/have to kill myself.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading it and thank you for the mention of my blog!

    ReplyDelete