Sunday, May 14, 2006

Since when am I up before the sun on a Sabbath?

It's about 4:30 am, and I'm already awake. I guess my body doesn't know what to do if it's allowed more than 5 hours of sleep. But I guess this is what i get for going to bed before midnight.

So here I am, listening to NPR podcasts, wondering how Sunderland drew a tie with Man U (in Old Trafford!), being disgusted at how long my past few posts have been, and contemplating writing something a little more personalized in a vain (and probably vain) attempt to amass myspace comments or gmail inboxes.

Oh, right, so I lost my voice again last night teaching English classes. Also, those kids are far too keen to know stuff about me. I've managed to keep wildly evasive. They've managed to stay wildly intrusive. And intrusively wild. I am not a disciplinarian. Nor really a self restraint...arian. Well, that's less than true. I can be indefatigably abstemious. Maybe we'll just say I'm a bit like my writing--well composed when it doesn't matter, and unbridled when I should (Oh the moralizing "should") be of tempered spirit (and sometimes, too, vocabulary. But cmon, who really can resist that thesaurus widget?)

I promised myself this would be short. I suppose I can stifle volubility this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment