Saturday, May 27, 2006

Things that make me smile (this be no longer one, at least not in the first two senses)

A bit of a note here first: this started out as a good idea (meaning, one of those silly little few rhyming lines that mistakenly thought I could work with) but then went to hell in a handbasket long before i tried to give it regular rhythm, a rhyme scheme, or a theme. i post this now against all my better instinctsenough rubbish reading already exists. still, i haven't blogged in a while, and my brain's wrecked from being racked, and, well, who knows, maybe something is salvagable.

Things that make me smile
Let's just put in a nice big Author Unknown here, right from the start

I smile out of joy
When I see one playing coy
Girl or Boy,
But mostly lass who shyly laughs
Around an older boy.

I smile knowingly
When a boy finds apathy
"Look, that's me"
And finds it scholarly employ
In all his poetry

I smile, almost tear
The beggar nigh is drawing here
Oh how queer
In theory have I sympathy
Than Pitiful is near

I smile, still confused
A little laugh to try and lose
the foreign ruse
And all the lookers on who leer
Before I blow this fuse

I smile, all is lost
These last three verses should be tossed
'Stead of glossed
This garbage you should just refuse
For fear it leaves us cross

No comments:

Post a Comment