Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thoughts from a night where I quit a progressive party after one house

Whoever thought that caged rats should exercise by running around in that squeaky wheel thing needs to be stabbed with a protractor or compass (you know, the thing you always had to have for math class but never really got to use. the one that has one sharp metal point and another sharp pencil point) in multiple eyeballs.

It is difficult to tie your shoes while driving surface streets, especially when your car's a stick.

Even scarecrow (i.e. unmanned) cop cars do a good job at reminding people to obey what they think are laws.

There are certain people in this world whose souls I'm irreversibly drawn toward (I dunno, call them kindred spirits or something), and I positively love these people. We're not always good friends (though I tend to try and gravitate that way), and sometimes I just have no idea how to interact around these people so it ends up being awkward. It might sound a bit weird (or completely in(s)ane) but it is for these very people that I want the whole world of happiness. I mean, I want people in general to be happy and I will do my part to contribute to mankind and all that, but it is for these individuals that I would do anything and anything. I know there are only supposed to be four loves or something, but this doesn't quite fit any of the categories. Or maybe it's the storge or philia, but I don't need this feeling to want to become friends with someone, and this feeling is distinct from the way I care for the people around me. Although, the feeling does compel me to think of these kindred spirits as brothers and sisters. I've run the risk of saying too much already, but since I'm in trouble I might as well add that these people also tend to be younger than me (but it's not just a general tenderness for all children, because that feeling is much more sporadic. Little kids can be so annoying)

Good as it is to keep an overall perspective of life, I often run the danger of stepping too far back and being too far removed. It's just as disconnecting as it sounds.

The sun shines hot, the moon shines cold.

The worst part about prison is the dementors.

No comments:

Post a Comment